AN OVERVIEW

HSCL is an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company with over 54 years of excellence in the construction sector and successful projects spanning all across the country. HSCL has a versatile infrastructure portfolio and is a pioneer in delivering exceptional value to its clients by way of executing construction projects of highest quality standards.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF HINDUSTAN STEELWORKS CONSTRUCTION LIMITED

Incorporated in the year 1964, HSCL was a leading CPSU under the aegis of Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India. HSCL was formed as a construction organization with a mandate of developing and sourcing indigenous capabilities for setting up of Integrated Steel Plants in India.

The young organization rose to the occasion and successfully met the challenge by bringing together competent human resources and mobilizing a fleet of updated construction equipment. In the years that followed, HSCL immensely contributed in setting up every major public sector steel plant in the country over the last 5 decades.

As the company progressed, HSCL diversified itself into other areas of Civil & Construction sector like buildings, roads, dams and bridges, power plants and highways and rural roads under PMGSY, hospital and education infrastructure, Opencast Mining, creation of Sports facilities, Solar Power Generation Units etc. establishing its comprehensive credibility across the country.

HSCL, A SUBSIDIARY OF NBCC (INDIA) LIMITED

HSCL, after approval by Union Cabinet on 25.05.2016 and communicated vide letter No. 3(20)/2005-HSM/MFH-Vol.6(Pt.) dtd 01.06.2016, has been taken over by NBCC (India) Limited as a subsidiary w.e.f 01.04.2017, now under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.

Presently, 51% shares of the company are held by NBCC (India) Ltd. and the remaining 49% share which were with Ministry of Steel has been transferred to Ministry of Housing Urban Affairs on 22.12.2017.

HSCL’S PAN INDIA PRESENCE
COMPANY’S FINANCIALS

Taking into effect the impact of Restructuring Package granted by GOI, the Company became debt free and generated a Net Profit of Rs. 30.19 Cr. in 2015-16 with Positive Net worth of Rs. 64.48 Cr. as on 01.04.2016.

Since then, the company has been generating Net Profit every year except for in 2016-17 when the Company had written off Rs.285.56 Cr. debts against a provision of Rs. 218.65 Cr. towards liabilities resulting in a book loss of Rs.(-)17.28 Cr. even after generating Net Profit of Rs. 49.35 Cr. before extraordinary expenditure during the year.

During 2017-18, PAT recorded was Rs. 35.95 Cr. and for the FY 2018-19 PAT as per books of accounts is at Rs. 34.30 Cr.

ORDER BOOK

As on 01.04.2019, HSCL has Actual Balance Work Load standing at Rs. 2150 Crs.

Best View in Google Chrome 44.0, Mozilla Firefox 34.0 or above and MS Edge Designed and Developed By: NBCC IT DIVISION